A house clearance is not something that is undertaken too often, and most people that start one often promise themselves never to do it again as it is such a lot of work, and also stressful trying to work out what do with the belongings that need to be sorted out. The reasons for undertaking a house clearance are many and these may include that you are packing up to move to a new house, redecorating a room or two, sorting out your rental property to be ready for a new tenant, or even organizing a deceased estate house clearance for a family member who has died. Any of these situations will need planning to make sure the house clearance goes smoothly with as few problems as possible.
Whatever the reasons are for your house clearance, here are some hints to make it easier on you.
- Sort out your belongings by deciding what you want to throw out. This is an important step, especially if you have lived in the same place for many years and you have accumulated a lot of stuff. Sorting through the clutter is an important first step when you need to carry out a house clearance.
- Decide what you want to do with these items. If you are moving to a new house, most of your belongings will need to be packed up ready to be taken to the new destination. This is a good opportunity to throw out stuff that you do not need any longer or haven’t used for a while. Many items can be recycled by donating them to a charity shop although this practice has been on hold during the shutdown due to Covid-19. Selling your goods that are in good condition could make you some money, so place them on Marketplace or other online shops you find on Facebook that deal in previously used items. Organising a garage sale of your unwanted items is also an option but check whether these are allowed under the Covid restrictions.
- Choose a reputable waste removal company such as Rubbish Removal Chester to help you with your house clearance. Even if you don’t necessarily want to dispose of anything but just need to move your belongings to a new address, we will be able to help you.
Choosing a Company to Assist with your House Clearance
How do you know that the company you choose to assist with your house clearance will dispose of any household waste or belongings in a responsible manner?
- You can rest assured that Rubbish Removal Chester is licensed by the local authority and will either move or dispose of your house clearance belongings within the law. We always recycle, reuse, or dispose of any waste in the correct manner. So ask for the waste carrier’s registration certificate if you are not sure.
- By using a fly-by-night operator just because they are cheap could mean your items are fly tipped illegally instead of being disposed of legally. This can mean a big fine for you, and even lead to prosecution as by law you are ultimately responsible for the way in which your waste is disposed of. Issued invoices should have the following information on them which would include the destination where the waste will be disposed of, a VAT number and also a company registration number.
- Keep the costs of your house clearance down by separating your recyclables from your general waste as you receive better rates for recyclable materials. Avoid extra labour charges by putting the items you want us to remove in one place. This will make it easier and quicker for our team to load up and may save you potential extra labour charges. Remember any furniture you wish to donate to charities will need a fire-resistant sticker.
- If you have difficult items of furniture to remove such as a piano, a fridge, or an old mattress, we are able to help you. A piano is delicate as well as being very heavy to move so requires specialist skills. Fridges cannot just be dumped as they contain dangerous gases which require specialist skills. Mattresses also require special ways of disposal, so contact us. We can assist with any items that are not run-of-the-mill.
Why Choose Rubbish Removal Chester
We at Rubbish Removal Chester put our customers first and are proud to deliver excellent service levels. Take the time to read our customer reviews on our website.
So when you are faced with the task of undertaking a house clearance, and you don’t know how to deal with the items you want to get rid of, or don’t have the time for the hassle of doing it yourself, please give us a call. We will be only too happy to help you.
Our services include removing and disposing of furniture items, appliance pickups, and any residential junk. Items for reuse include old appliances, clothes, books, kitchen equipment and electronic equipment and we have access to a network of charities and thrift shops who are only too pleased to accept these items.
Our friendly staff at Rubbish Removal Chester are trained to help you with your house clearance. Our team will work quickly and efficiently so as not to disturb you, and once we have completed the clearance, we will clean up after ourselves leaving the area tidy.
We will arrive at the agreed time, even if it is after hours or over a weekend. We pride ourselves in delivering a superior service, we arrive on time, and we are competitively priced. We will contact you if for any reason we are held up and expect to be late so we don’t waste your time. We pride ourselves in caring for the environment around Chester and will only take waste to a landfill as a last resort if it cannot be recycled or reused in some manner.
Call us at our Chester number 01244 953100 for a no-obligation quote,
Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org